Are you worried about yourself or someone else’s gambling during the festive period?
Christmas can be a difficult time, whether or not you celebrate as you might find yourself having more free time during the school break to spend money on playing games or gambling. It can be hard to keep yourself busy to avoid gambling as it there is a lot of pressure and loneliness around Christmas which can make it a difficult time.
Here are some ideas on how you can keep yourself busy:
- Have a movie marathon – watch classic or your favourite Christmas films.
- Try baking Christmas cookies, cakes or a gingerbread house.
- Take a walk outside and have a look out for festive decorations.
- Create a scrapbook with pictures you’ve taken this year.
- Reflect on this past year and set goals for 2024 by making a vision board.
- Read a book.
- Journal your thoughts and feelings.
If you or a loved one is experiencing gambling harms, we’re here to support you. Our helpline is available 24/7, including throughout the Christmas period – providing free confidential information, advice and support. Call 0808 8020 133 or use live chat.