What is the board about?
A Youth Advisory Board, also known as YAB, is a group of young people and professionals that meet up on a regular basis.
The main aim of the YAB is to ensure our work is relevant and meets the needs of young people throughout the UK.
As a Youth Advisor, you have the opportunity to work with staff across the organisation, provide insights on our content, services and communication with young people.
Who can take part?
- Any young person aged 11-17 interested can join.
- We welcome young people from all communities, backgrounds and beliefs, especially those that feel unheard within society.
- Whether you gamble yourself, experiencing gambling related harm, affected by someone else’s gambling or have never gambled at all, you are invited to take part.
What do we offer in return?
- Have your voice heard!
- Meet other young people from across the UK.
- Develop skills and gain new training & experiences.
- High street voucher in return for your efforts.
- Meals and expenses covered.
- Help you achieve your Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Updates on the Youth Advisory Board
Duke of Edinburgh
BigDeal are an Approved Activity Provider for the volunteering section of the DofE Award. This means our Youth Advisory Board is already approved to help you achieve either the Bronze, Silver or Gold DofE Award.
If you are doing or thinking of doing your DofE Award, we can offer lots of ways to get involved that help you achieve your award.
Follow the link below to find out more.
If you would like to know more about the Youth Advisory Board follow the link below for our information pack.
Join our youth advisory board today
If you are a youth-facing professional or a parent of a young person interested in the YAB, you can receive free CPD-accredited training which covers gambling and how it can become harmful, how to safeguard young people if they choose to gamble, and information on gaming. You can find out more here.